ABOUT THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
The Ministry of Finance (MinistrÓ dal Finanš¨) was established by Talossan Statute 36RZ17 ("The Cabinet Refinishing Act"). The Ministry, under the guidance of the Minister of Finance and his officers, is charged with setting and implementing the economic policies of the Kingdom, overseeing and authorizing the augmentation and investment of the Royal Treasury and all disbursements therefrom (all of which shall be executed in fact by the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue, an Officer of the Royal Household), and for the design, minting, printing, valuation, distribution, and redemption of all national currency, postage, and commemoratives.
ABOUT THE MINISTER OF FINANCE
The Minister of Finance serves as an officer of the Cabinet, under the leadership of the Seneschal of Talossa, appointed according to the power granted by Article XII of Talossa's Organic Law.
The position of Minister of Finance is currently vacant, with the portfolio of the Ministry being held by the Prime Minister.
ROYAL BANK & POST
The Royal Bank & Post, with the Minister of Finance as Chairperson, is overseen by the Royal Treasury Reserve Board. The Board is presided over by Ian da Bitour, and the board members are:
ACTIVE PROJECTS OF THE MINISTRY
- PROJECT INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE: Designing and distributing Talossan postage stamps. STATUS: Scheduled for launch in September 2010.
- PROJECT EASY MONEY: Establish easier methods for monies to be collected by the Kingdom, especially for the purchase of postage, currency, and commemoratives, and payment of party fees. STATUS: Scheduled for completion in September 2010.
- PROJECT PRINT AND MINT: Designing and distributing Talossan currency. STATUS: Scheduled for completion in 2010.
- PROJECT FOUR DIGITS: Build the Royal Treasury to a standing balance of 4 digits. STATUS: Scheduled for completion by the end of the 42nd Cosa.
COMPLETED PROJECTS OF THE MINISTRY
- PROJECT BENTWORTH: Determining the value and basis of Talossan currency. STATUS: Complete.
CONTACTING THE MINISTRY
You may reach the Finance Minister at FinanceMinister@KingdomOfTalossa.net.