L'Ispectavalità del Grefieir | The High Office of the Scribe
Deveirs dal Scriueria | Duties of the Scribery
- Grefieir d'Abbavilla (Scribe of Abbavilla)
Vitxalmour Conductour, appointed 6 April 2012.
- As mandated by the Prime Dictate creating the Scribery
the office is charged with maintenance of Talossan Organic Law as follows. Whenever the Organic Law is amended, changed, or replaced by a new constitution, two hard copies of the full, in-force legal instrument shall be created by the Scribe of Abbavilla and sent: one to the National Archives and one to the Monarch. These two hard copies shall, along with the electronic copy to be made available by the Scribery to all Talossans, be the absolute and final authoritative copies of the current constitution of the Realm. On each page of the two hard copies shall be affixed in red ink the signature of the Scribe of Abbavilla, the seal of the Scribery, the date, and the word "urixhinál" (or "original," in Talossan English).
- The Scribe of Abbavilla is responsible for the codification of all statutory law governing His Majesty's Realm, as mandated by The Codification Act of the 24th Cosa (24RZ2). The Scribe modifies any and all statutes as directed by all acts of the Ziu which amend, repeal, or expunge existing legislation, while maintaining for historical purposes the original text of all modified statutes.
- The Scribe sees to it that the text of all legislation enacted by the Ziu and of all Prime Dictates, including all memorials and other ephemeral resolutions, are rigorously and accurately recorded and catalogued in a set of statutes accessible by all Talossans, as first required by The Talossan Canon of Laws Act (25RZ21). The current policy of the Scribery in cataloging Talossan Statutory law is described in the unabridged L'Anuntzia dels Legeux.
- Unofficially and without a Government mandate but at the direction of His Majesty the Sovereign, the Scribe of Abbavilla serves as director of the Talossan Web Designers Guild, relying upon the valued assistance of his fellow Talossans to maintain and enhance the public presence of His Majesty's Realm on the Internet.
Þistoria dal Scriueria | History of the Scribery
Created by a Prime Dictate issued on 4 July 2002 by Seneschal
the Scribery of Abbavilla assumed responsibility from the Ministry of Justice for the authoritative recording, care, and maintenance of the Organic Law of His Majesty's Kingdom.
The post of Scribe of Abbavilla was first held by Davïu Foctéir of Atatürk Province, who resigned the position on 9 October 2002, at which time the title and duties were taken up by the sitting Prime Minister, the Right Honourable S:reu Válcadác'h. Some two months later, on 13 December 2002, the post was awarded to Sir Chirisch Cavéir, and its duties in service of the Royal House were formalized and expanded.
On Independence Day 2003, the fourth Scribe of Abbavilla, Martì-Paìr Furxhéir, was appointed. S:reu Furxhéir served ably until the appointment of Marc Moisan. S:reu Moisan's contributions to the history of the Scribery are too numerous and significant to properly recount in limited space. Under his guidance, the Scribery began to compile a library of Talossan statutory law, and to act as the custodian thereto. The sixth Scribe of Abbavilla, Ma la Mha, with the Kingdom as a whole, acknowledged an eternal debt to S:reu Moisan for the state of the Scribery at the conclusion of his service.
After restoring public access to the Organic Law (which had unfortunately been lost owing to turmoil in the Kingdom that affected its Web presence), the sixth Scribe of Abbavilla undertook the creation of a complete online set of statutes for the Kingdom. Authorized Talossans (the Justices of the Uppermost Cort, the Secretary of State, the Attorney-General, and Members of the Royal Talossan Bar) also have access to an online Law Library, created by the Scribery, which allows for easier research into the acts of Talossan law.
The creation of these online legal repositories happened to be accompanied by the creation of an entirely new Website for the Kingdom of Talossa (the site which you now behold). The maintenance, upkeep, and care of this site has since become the tacit responsibility of the Scribery, which enlists for assistance in this task the members of the Talossan Web Designers Guild, who take their direction from the Scribe.
When la Mha became Seneschal in 2007, Olaf Brainerd was appointed to serve as Grefeir d'Abbavilla. He was succeeded by the eighth Scribe, Dréu Gavárþic'h in late 2009, then by the ninth Scribe Martì Prevuost, in mid-2011. Prevuost was forced to abandon the post in early 2012 after successfully beginning a program of adding "Scribe's Notes" to the statutes. He was succeeded by Vitxalmour Conductour.